I have recreated a google virtual map tour of The Buchart Garden. Here is a brief description of multimedia principles and theories that I have followed in my project.

1.Cognitive Load Theory: I managed to rearrange the whole process of my tour and seperated them into small steps that the visitor can follow. And during every step, leaners only need to focus on one scene at a time.

2.Dual Coding Theory: This is the most noticeable feature in my tour, every step contains enough narration and images that correspond with each other to improve the overall exprience of the tour.

3. The Coherence Principle: Only related information and images are presented, there’s no distraction for enjoying the beautiful scenic views in my tour.

4. The Signaling Principle: I have highlighted important steps and background knowledge before starting the tour to make sure learners will capture the main gardens that we are going to review.

5. The Spatial Contiguity Principle: The text is for embedded pictures that at the top right corner of the screen, when people reading it, all information is relevant, such as the minimap and Tips I provided.

6. The Segmenting Principle: Throughout the tour, visitors are free to go back to a garden whenever they want to review or compare the scenes. All steps are listed and arranged in controllable mode.

7. The Pre-Training Principle: I have made a brief introduction step before the tour and I also demonstrated the route and map. All these pre-info can help learners to be prepared.

8. The Image Principle: I have excluded most of the human figures in the photo to avoid distraction

LINK to my tour: https://earth.google.com/web/search/Rose+Garden,+Brentwood+Bay,+BC/@48.5640753,-123.46909764,23.60490247a,1738.39756207d,30y,0h,0t,0r/data=CigiJgokCWGOAxBtSEhAEVwTzBIOSEhAGeTeN9yr3V7AIbskPxE63l7AMicKJQojCiExLXlKN1V3TFZmTlRvc0pJb0tESzBEX3NSVHVnQ0RYc1k